Friday, August 20, 2010

Allegorical Mountain.






A reference guide to symbolic alpinism in contemporary pop music. By: Script & Seal.

INCREDIBLE. ( Thanks Alice! )


I had a history with an alpinist, once upon a time. In theory, it sounded romantic to live far up in the smoky mountains and be disconnected from everyone and everything. Intriguing, but not my life.

I found the experience of climbing mountains a spiritual one. I am forever fascinated by true alpinists and their achievements climbing mountains beyond mountains that nobody has ever climbed. Explorers, hiking to the highest peaks and trekking through rugged wilderness and sleeping on the side of mountains.

I climb mountains as a form of being connected to a higher form of existence. Mountains not only appear to be majestic, they feel like it. Playing with gravity can be exhilarating as it is dangerous..At times, it doesn't hurt to feel like you are living on the edge of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment