Friday, August 13, 2010

Variations on Invisibility.

Variations on Invisibility.
ABSTRACT Project for School in Netherlands. August 2007

- Variations on Invisibility -

Scene 1: I am sitting on a chair, a human replica enters through a door and sits next to myself and waves hello. We both look identical, although I am about
to enter another reality while the other me really sits and absorbs everything. I actually experience these different realities.
In this scene,we both wear our charcoal masks and there are these same masks projected all around us.
I look and point at my clock and wave good-bye and depart through other existing door.
Interjection: A stick figure with a mask erased.

Scene 2: I open the door and step foot to another reality- A party situation.
I am trying to talk to people, yet nobody acknowledges my presence. It feels as though I am invisible to them.
I fall onto the ground. feelings of trauma. i manage to get myself up and step outside of the door and ready for a new reality.
The charcoal mask projects an extrovert. So awkward and weird.
Interjection: Reflection-less. ( TEXT AS SEEN BACKWARD FROM A MIRROR )

Scene 3: Walk through another door into another reality. This one takes place outdoors.
A girl is putting on her make-up and you see the reflection of herself and the cars passing by
on the mirror. I look into the mirror and see only the reflection of the cars passing by, not
myself. I take five foot-steps toward the door, open it- enter.
Interjection: Stick figures covering every inch of the paper.

Scene 4: The door opens quietly and I step foot into a situation where I look just like everyone else.
I hide, you hide, we all hide.
Now, i don't know where I am or who I am.
We all wear the same clothing, same garments.
I blend in perfectly, it's as if I am invisible within my environment. The Camouflage effect- Where's Waldo-effect.
Everyone in the room wears this special garment that makes them invisible. It is simply blue string wrapped
carefully around their hands as they stand in a circle and hold hands. Although, you may not see their live flesh or skin on their hands
you also do not see their faces. We all wear a collage piece mask on our faces, and essentially wear faces not of our own.Our eyes are covered, so we may not see anything, everything and everyone remains invisible. What is not seen, is not perceived as visible.
I walk out the door.

Scene 5: I open the door and step foot into a separate reality.
At this point, I consciously cross the line between
invisibility and visibility.
I remove the mask from my face and start to unravel the blue
strings around my hands,arms, and face.
Suddenly, there are close-ups of my face, my fingers, my arms.
Every human detail is so visible and now naked and exposed to the human eye.
Any Darkness or shadows disintegrate into the earth.


End.











Note: this project was written 3 yrs ago

No comments:

Post a Comment